| COGNAC TASTINGS - VISITS - CUISINE- one day tour with Cognac Turguide
COGNAC REGION PRIVATE TOUR with Cognac Turguide
- TASTINGS - VISITS - CUISINE-REGION PACKAGE
Your Cognac tour will start with a pick up from your accommodation. By arrangement I will personally collect
you from your Cognac accommodation. For those coming from Paris I suggest that you take the TGV to Angouleme
Railway station the night prior to your tour. For clients staying in the Bordeaux wine region I can collect
you from your hotel, the airport or railway station. Special pickup costs will be included in your tour quotation.
|FIRST VISIT - Le musée des arts du cognac
As we are located in Cognac, the local tour takes you to the arts cognac museum in town. You'll get the
basics to understand the mysteries of the elaboration of cognac and the different activities around,
from vine culture to packaging.
|COGNAC HOUSE VISIT - Cognac Meukow
This FAMOUS cognac house invites you to a tasty and initiatory unique visit. The newest guided tour of the great
cognac houses will transport you in another world, using your 5 senses, from the very sensory visit to the
tasting of 3 different cognacs.
|RESTAURANT LUNCH in "le chai"
Lunch can be taken in the historic town of Cognac.
In French, "le chai" means the cellar. But don't worry, you will just have to cross the yard to be comfortably installed and taste the tailor made recipes around cognac by the Chef Sabine.
She will maybe give you a few tips for using cognac in your cooking when you will be back home.
We can also provide gourmet picnics which you can take at a secluded riverside location.
|SECOND COGNAC PRODUCER -
The Painturaud family has developed his property from father to son since the end of the 19th century.
Painturaud brand has been created in 1934. The vineyard is based in Segonzac, the heart of "Grande Champagne"
and spread on 23 ha. We're used to hear that the best cognacs are made in "Grande Champagne" but it will
be up to you to judge by tasting the products after having visited the distillery and cellars.
|THIRD COGNAC PRODUCER -
Couillebaud is making cognac since 6 generations, and the vineyard spreads on 33ha around the family house,
in the "Fins Bois". Their 1st still has been bought in 1867, and since 1969 they developed the direct sales
from the property. You will probably taste something new here. The Pineau des Charentes is a blend of fresh
grape juice and cognac..
One Full Day 9 am - 5 pm
pick up and drop off, cognac production museum, famous cognac house, 2 smaller producers, transport to lunch
PRICE 165 Euros/person
The wine tour itinerary SUMMARY:
- 9.00am Collection from local accommodation or rail station and transport to one vineyard before lunch.
- 10.00 am, arts cognac museum
- 11.00 am, one of the great cognac house
- 12.00 noon Transport to a local restaurant for lunch
- 2.00 pm, cognac producer in Grande Champagne
- 3.30 pm, cognac producer in Fins Bois
- 4.45 pm, return to Angoulême railway station for the trip back, to your Cognac accommodation, or return to Bordeaux
- Collection from & return to local accommodation or Angoulême railway station
- Transport during all your stay in a comfortable air conditioned vehicle (max 8 persons)
- Services of a local escort (mother tongue one French, English, Norwegian)
- Transport to a local restaurant for lunch (or picnic area if you choose the gourmet
- Guided visits by the 3 cognac producers
Private & small group guided tours of COGNAC!