ACCOMMODATION in RHONE Wine Region
Rhone accommodation depends largely on whether you wish to be in the city of Avignon, or one of the
towns, or one of the numerous wine villages, or out in the countryside. Driving is largely on straight
flat roads in the valley and the region has an excellent roading system - so accommodation location
is not a problem.
- Location - La Madelène is situated in the foothills of Mont Ventoux, 10 minutes ancient
Roman town of Vaison-La-Romaine; 30 minutes from Orange & Carpentras; and 45 minutes from Avignon
- Property - La Madelène is a beautiful renovated 12th c. Priory offering luxury
chambres d'hotes in 5 beautifully restored and decorated bedrooms. All rooms have en-suite
bathrooms with high quality fittings and an Italian style shower. Roof terrace, sitting room,
lawns, petanque and pool.
- Easy access - the vineyards of Southern Rhone including Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Gigondas,
Beaumes de Venise and Vacqueras appellations are an easy drive away
- Comments - A luxury property with excellent food, great wine tour packages and delightful hosts -
a total experience!
Philip and Jude Reddaway
84340, Malaucéne, France
Tel: 00 33 490 62 19 33
Domaine de Palejay
- Location - Domaine de Palejay is located in a winemaker's house in a medieval wine village near the
A9 and the A7 motorways and only 15 minutes from Avignonand handy to Carpentas,Nimes & Orange.
- Property - To experience living in self-contained dwelling in a wine village
as opposed to being in rural vineyard gite
- Easy access - the nearest winery was only a walk away and the Southern Rhone vineyards were all in easy reach including the
famous wine appellation of Chateauneuf-du-Pape plus Gigondas, Beaumes de Venise and Vacqueras appellations
- Comments - Village life with two pizza places across the road, supermarket, 2 bourganises,
a weekly market, a wine cooperative cave, a petrol station and a couple of bars plus vineyards and
historical places in minutes.
|Josiane & Arthur Cook|
Domaine de Palejay
8 rue du Grand Pont
Rochefort du Gard
30650 Gard France
Tel: +33 (0)3 80 84 32 71